Below are resources for captioning with popular video/audio tools.
- YouTube step-by-step directions
- YouTube auto-captions and instructions for editing the captions.
- Posts: captions must be part of the video
- How to enable captions for videos
- Article: How to caption Instagram Stories, Reels and IGTV
- Article: "How to Add Captions and Subtitles to Your Social Media Videos"
Create your own time-stamped captioning file
- Upload video to a service supporting auto-captioning
- Allow auto-captions to be created
- Correct auto-captions and re-sync video
- Download captioning file
- Upload your video and receive an auto-generated transcript or caption file.
- CADET Captioning Software - Free, downloadable caption-authoring software that enables anyone to produce high-quality caption files that are compatible with any media player that supports the display of captions. CADET can also be used to generate audio-description scripts.
- Amara - create a caption file for your own videos.
- Voice Recognition Software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Siri, Dragon Dictate App, etc.)
- Transcribe - type out your own transcript.
- Top 10 Subtitle creation software
- Top 10 Subtitle Editors
- How Long Does It Take to Manually Caption Videos?