The University of Arizona is both committed and obligated to providing equal educational opportunities and full participation to individual with disabilities, which includes achieving a barrier-free electronic and information technology (EIT) environment. The Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and the University of Arizona's Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy provide the legal and institutional foundations for the obligation to ensure access.
The University's commitment to EIT access covers the following areas:
- Web accessibility
- Instructional materials accessibility
- Document accessibility
- Electronic media accessibility
- Software, hardware, and systems accessibility
The University has adopted the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, level AA and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Captioning: The University advances a best practices approach to captioning all audio/video content; media that must be captioning is defined.
- Email Accessibility: The University strongly recommends that all email communications be accessible; email that must be accessible is defined.