Although primarily originating as a personal tool, social media apps are becoming a popular method for advertising, organizing events, interacting with a specific population and spread information as one could with emails, newsletters and flyers.
Resources to create accessible posts
Below is a compiled list of resources to help you use social media platforms to create posts that are accessible to everyone and reach the widest audience possible:
- 3Play: How to Make Social Media Content Accessible
- 3Play: How to Add Captions and Subtitles to your Social Media Videos
- 3Play: The Influencer's Guide to Social Media Accessibility
- SiteImprove: How to Be More Accessible on Social Media
- Creating a More Accessible Instagram
- Twitter: Accessible images for everyone
- Techradar: Twitter is improving its accessibility features - but there's more work to be done
- TikTok Accessibility: How to Add Captions and Other Best Practices
- TechCrunch: TikTok rolls out new accessibility and translation tools...
- Accessibility Best Practice: Designing For Disabilities
- Improving the Accessibility of Social Media for Public Service
- 10 Ways to Improve Accessibility on Websites and Social Media
- Using Image Descriptions and Alt Text on Facebook and Twitter
- University of Minnesota: Accessible Social Media
UA Social Media
Check out the latest UA brand guidelines and tools made available regarding UA Social Media (requires a netid login).